Monday, January 30, 2006

PoA Scarf Project Update

Well I guess I fall under the usual new knitter category. My stitches are to tight, but I can't help it... as my wife will attest to, I can be a little OCD (obsessive compulsive) at times. I don't feel like I can make my stitches the same if I don't pull the yarn snug as I am going along, so the pattern I am following says I should have 6 rows per inch and I have 7 rows per inch so when I reached the specified 27 rows I was nearly an inch short so I am knitting a few extra rows so that the large bands of Burgundy will be 4.5 inches. The pattern says my width should be about 9 inches wide and I am somewhere between 8 and 8.5 inches wide so it will be a little narrow but I like the weight of the piece, only time will tell if it is going to turn out to be too stiff If all else fails I guess I could always felt it and make it into a soda can cozy. I will take a picture of it once I get a little further into the project.

No comments: