Monday, January 23, 2006

XBox 360 please...

We have been calling for the last few weeks to all the stores in town, that sell the XBox 360, except the game stores because they all still had reserves to fulfill. Well Friday my wife called in the morning, twice, to each of the stores, once when they first opened and, once after 11am to give them a chance to have received one via UPS as well... No Luck.

Well I got off of work early Friday, because I had worked extra the day before, my plan was to go play disc golf if it was sunny out, but it was raining as usual so I sat down on the couch to do some knitting instead. Stacy decided she wanted to give one more try on the phones. On a whim she decides to call one of the game stores, and they did not have any, which we were not surprised about, but they said they had fulfilled all their reservations, so the next shipment they received they would be selling first-come first-served. So I suggested we try one of the other game stores... of course at this moment it is about 3:45 and I am sitting on the couch "tinking" because I messed up a knit stitch on the GoF scarf I am making. Stacy makes the call and asks if they have any XBox 360's available and as I tink another stitch I hear her say "Excuse Me?!?" and I dropped my knitting and grabbed for my coat, I was half way to the door before she was off the phone, it was first-come first-serve they could not hold it for us. She grabbed our XBox 360 savings fund and we were out the door. When we got to the mall I drove straight to the closest entrace to the mall to where the store was, and Stacy took off running almost before I stopped the car. I found a parking spot and by the time I got into the store it was on the counter and being rung-up on the register. We finally got it!! After that all we could think about was XBox 360 so we went to Toys-R-Us since they were closing and we got a game at 40 percent off and some accessories at 20 percent off. And then we went up to Best Buy bought the extra wireless controller with the gift card we had and we stopped at Costco for a quick bite to eat and a glance at their 360 games and then we were on our way home, to lay hands on the actual 360, not just the box...

...and then the weekend was over and we had to go back to work.

No comments: